The Account Resolution Specialist is responsible for researching, resolving and collecting on all assigned accounts and performs a variety of medical billing and collection duties under general supervision.
- Answer phones and resolve calls accordingly. This will include, but not necessarily be limited to, negotiating payment plans with patients, accepting payments over the phone, updating patient demographics, rebilling insurance and sending tasks to others for further review and follow-up.
- Works assigned collection lists.
- Researches and resolves claim denial and payment discrepancies by calling carriers, patient and clients, accordingly.
- Process all incoming facsimiles, emails, correspondence and voicemails timely.
- Complete all tasks received via the Onpoint dashboard, daily.
- Abide with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows, MS Office, Google Drive, email and multiple web browsers.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and strong work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with AMD practice management software a plus but not required.
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of experience in a health care setting, preferably with accounts receivables.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.