This Position has been filled.
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for a variety of billing functions that support all departments and performs a variety of duties under general supervision.
- Primarily responsible for supporting the Posting and Claim Center departments to include but not limited to.
- Posting the payment and non-payment remittances of all patient and insurance transactions both electronic and paper, as instructed. Research of items in efforts to post with 100% accuracy may require extensive online and phone communications.
- Resolve all claims inspector edits, unbilled and exclusion errors making necessary corrections to claims and the accounts affected including but not limited to demographics, charge codes, fees, referrals, authorizations and corrections to posting, in a timely manner, as instructed. Resolution will require an extensive background in medical coding. The use of coding edit tools and websites will be required.
- Responsible for other department support as needed which may include but not limited to sorting mail, calling on patient balances, assisting credentialing and following up on paperwork, filing, indexing and working collections correspondence. All will require a high level of documentation recorded within our online systems.
- Answer phones and resolve calls accordingly. This will include, but not necessarily limited to, negotiating payment plans with patients, accepting payments over the phone, updating patient demographics, rebilling insurance and sending tasks to others for further review and follow-up.
- Complete all tasks received via the Onpoint dashboard, daily.
- Abide with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows, MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Computer and keyboard skills are a must.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and strong work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with AMD practice management software a plus but not required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two year of experience in a health care setting, preferably with accounts receivables. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.