Onpoint utilizes the AdvancedMD web-based practice management software (AdvancedPM) which includes medical scheduling, billing, and reporting all geared toward streamlining the business processes of your practice.
When Onpoint was started we conducted an exhaustive search comparing the top practice management solutions and we have continued to do this to ensure that our clients are getting the best. We believe that providers deserve and want the most intuitive, easy to use, yet robust and scalable software that is available throughout their practice life.
In our comparative analysis we only entertain software that is web-based because we want our clients to be able to shed the expense of servers, enjoy the peace of mind knowing that their data was backed-up offsite, is 100% HIPPA compliant, and has the ability to expand as the practice expands, even if that means a geographic change.
AdvancedPM is easy to use and you get all upgrades and software maintenance for free. No more expensive computer equipment, because all you need is a typical PC and internet access. If you can use the Internet, if you bank online, or have purchased airline tickets online then you can use AdvancedPM. Best of all, Onpoint provides all of the training, implementation and support for as long as you are our client.
Below is a list of hardware, software and Internet requirements that are recommended in order to achieve optimal performance.
For optimal performance, we suggest office machines run Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, and Office, and other purchased commercial software only. Avoid downloads such as internet toolbars, popup blockers, etc.
AdvancedMD is not optimized for touchscreen tablet devices, with the exception of our iPhone and iPad iOS apps.
- Apple: support of iMac, Mac Mini & Macbook models running the most current OS
- Windows: support for Windows 10
iPhone & iPad
Wifi + Cellular (3G, 4G or LTE)
Software requirements and suggestions:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for workstations printing reports
- OS – Windows 10 (RT not supported)
- Mac OS (current version)
- Speech to Text (Dragon Medical version 14 or later)
- Microsoft Office 2013 or newer for Windows & 2016 for MacOS
- Web Browser – Internet Explorer (current version)
- Web Browser – Google Chrome (current version)
- Web Browser – Safari (current version)
Your connection should meet the following minimums:
* Recommended tested speed. This is the tested actual speed, not the speed listed by your Internet Service Provider. Much like automobile gas mileage ratings, your actual speed may vary from the listed speed.
** From a command prompt, type “ping www.advancedmd.com”. The result average time should be less than 100 milliseconds.
Verify your network speed with speedtest.net.
- Heavy usage: If you are a billing office, you should consider the next higher level of recommended speeds for your office size.
- Other Internet traffic: The speeds recommended pertain to the AdvancedMD applications only. If there is additional Internet traffic in the office (web browsing, etc.), you may wish to use higher speeds.
- Multiple locations: We strongly recommend an independent Internet connection for each location.
EHR Bandwidth Requirements
AdvancedEHR has faster Internet bandwidth requirements and we recommend minimum requirements for connections to help you achieve an optimal experience.
Home Internet service bandwidth packages, such as DSL packages, provide a higher speed for downloading information and a much lower speed for upload of information. The AdvancedEHR software downloads patient historical information as well as uploads the documentation inputs and data scanned into to the patient record. This interaction requires a higher upload speed than most home Internet service packages offered.
AdvancedEHR requires a minimum upload and download bandwidth rate of 1.5 Mb/s for the AdvancedEHR application. If the practice has other applications or Internet uses, the connection must be greater than 1.5 Mb/s.
Optimal Bandwidth Recommendations for EHR
The table below provides the required ISP bandwidth recommendations for an optimal AdvancedEHR experience. Please note that these numbers are estimates based upon average product usage. Extensive use of scanned documents may require higher bandwidth speeds.
- Upload speed is important when using AdvancedEHR compared to just normal Internet browsing.
- Bandwidth requirements vary based upon number of users, amount of activity, and the size of file attachments.
- If there is additional Internet traffic in the office, you may wish to use higher speeds.
- When checking with Internet Service Providers (ISP) you need to ask for definite upload speeds within a very small range that they can guarantee.
- Connecting multiple locations? We recommend an independent Internet connection for each location.
- The speeds recommended in the table above pertain to the AdvancedEHR application only.
PCs will need access to the Internet either directly or through a local area network. Most business broadband accounts can service these needs very inexpensively; typical connection types include DSL, Cable, Wireless, or fractional T1 lines. Note: Satellite service is not recommended, as latency is usually unacceptable.
- For desktop printing, Windows compliant laser printer (recommend HP)
- Optional: Label printer (recommend Seiko or Dymo)
- Avoid all-in-one machines (print/fax/scan) and dot-matrix printers
- For iPad printing, AirPrint compatible printer (see list of supported printers here)
- TWAIN-compliant full-sheet scanner (recommend CanoScan) that can upload for integrated fax (bulk is recommended)
- Optional: Card scanner for insurance cards (recommend ScanShell 800NR for Windows 7 & 8)
- Credit Card Readers
- Should have a local connection to the PC (not network only)
- Avoid all-in-one machines (print/fax/scan)