Onpoint utilizes the AdvancedMD web-based practice management software (AdvancedPM) which includes medical scheduling, billing, and reporting all geared toward streamlining the business processes of your practice.
When Onpoint was started we conducted and exhaustive search comparing the top practice management solutions and we have continued to do this to ensure that our clients are getting the best. We believe that providers deserve and want the most intuitive, easy to use, yet robust and scalable software that is available throughout their practice life.
In our comparative analysis we only entertain software that is web-based because we want our clients to be able to shed the expense of servers, enjoy the peace of mind knowing that their data was backed-up offsite, is 100% HIPPA compliant, and has the ability to expand as the practice expands, even if that means a geographic change.
AdvancedPM is easy to use and you get all upgrades and software maintenance for free. No more expensive computer equipment, because all you need is a typical PC and internet access. If you can use the Internet, if you bank online, or have purchased airline tickets online then you can use AdvancedPM. Best of all, Onpoint provides all of the training, implementation and support for as long as you are our client.
Below is a list of hardware, software and Internet requirements that are recommended in order to achieve optimal performance.
For optimal performance, it is suggested office machines run Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, and Office. Avoid recreational downloads such as internet toolbars and popup blockers.
Windows 7 and up (all products)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for workstations printing reports
- OS – Windows 7, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro or newer (RT not supported)
- Speech to Text (Dragon Medical 10 &11)
- Microsoft Office Professional – Word & Excel 2010 or newer
- Web Browser – Internet Explorer 32 Bit, Versions: IE10, IE11
*From a command prompt, type “ping www.advancedmd.com”. The result average time should be less than 100 milliseconds.
When shopping for Internet Service Providers (ISP), ask for definite upload speeds of 1.5 Mb/s that the ISP can guarantee. Most of the Internet Service Providers offer at least Business Connection Plans with minimum upload speeds of 1.5 Mb/s.
Verify your network speed with speedtest.net.
- Other Internet traffic: The speeds recommended pertain to the AdvancedMD applications only. If there is additional Internet traffic in the office (web browsing, etc.), you may wish to use higher speeds.
- Multiple locations: We strongly recommend an independent Internet connection for each location.
PCs will need access to the Internet either directly or through a local area network. Most business broadband accounts can service these needs very inexpensively; typical connection types include DSL, Cable, Wireless, or fractional T1 lines. Note: Satellite service is not recommended, as latency is usually unacceptable.
- Windows compliant laser printer (recommend HP)
- Optional: Label printer (recommend Seiko or Dymo)
- Avoid all-in-one machines (print/fax/scan) and dot-matrix printers
- Credit Card Reader – Open Edge® offers integrated credit card processing and merchant account services. Use the encrypted card swiper to auto-post charges. Key benefits to the practice are reduced errors; less work, reduced costs, improved security and increased TOS collections.
- TWAIN-compliant full-sheet scanner (recommend CanoScan) that can upload for integrated fax (bulk is recommended)
- Card scanner for insurance cards (recommend ScanShell 800NR for Windows 7 & 8)
- Should have a local connection to the PC (not network only)
- Avoid all-in-one machines (print/fax/scan)